- Letter recognition- Children hunt for bugs using the magnifying glass. When they find the bugs they use their magnifying glass to read the small letters.
- Word formation- The children can also hunt bugs, collecting sounds before forming words with the ones they find.
- Number recognition- The children hunt for bugs with the magnifying glasses, reading the numbers as they find them.
- Ordering- Children find the bugs and then put them in order.
- Sorting- Children find the bugs and then sort them by colour or type.